The Circle of Confidantes is a great way to tune into the wisdom of others. It enables you to learn to mentally construct and even psychically connect – with other perspectives – to assist you in gaining the knowledge you seek.
This is a great technique to access your own storehouse of knowledge too. And it’s useful for those times when you’re really unsure what to do next.
Perhaps you’ve asked yourself ‘I wonder what Tony Robbins (or whoever!) would do in a situation like this.’
Yet you can mentally ask whoever you think would be helpful to chat to – and find out what they think and what action they would take. Neat eh?
Circle of Confidantes Exercise:
1. Imagine ten people (either living or from history), whom you admire and whose advice would be valuable and insightful. In your mind, position them all around a large circular table.
2. Imagine writing your challenge or problem on a whiteboard in large letters to enable them to be clear about your issue.
3. Now ask the Circle of Confidantes to brainstorm ideas and discuss between themselves possible solutions.
4. Notice how one approach and idea leads to another.
5. Do not judge any of the answers, simply allow them to flow from one perspective to another.
6. When the meeting has finished, or there are no more ideas coming forward, thank your Circle of Confidantes for their help.
7. Do not decide there and then what you think is the best answer. Sleep on it and then select the answer that provides the best solution to your problem.
This is a great tool to use to gain answers to all sorts of questions:
What is the best career path for you?
How can you make the best use of your talents?
What is the best way for you to achieve your goal?
There’s no end to the questions you can ask. So, use this technique regularly to rocket boost your creative thinking ability, and find new ways of approaching the challenges you face!
Did you enjoy this blog? Sharing is caring, right? So please share it with your friends!
And there’s more…
Do you have a secret desire to write a book? Then everything you need to know about writing a book is right here - click on the link: 40 Days To A Finished Book!
Want to create big change in your life and have yourself some freedom from the daily 9 to 5 grind? Click on the link: Learn how to step into your best life by gaining the skills that you need!
Interested in finding other ways to fire up your creative thinking ability? Take a look at these resources:
For a different slant on creative thinking, it’s always helpful to read how others have overcome challenges. In this book of short stories and anecdotes, you’ll discover how others have taken ‘thinking outside the box’ to new levels: Buy this book! Click on the link below: One Plus One Equals Three: A Masterclass in Creative Thinking – Dave Trott:
How often do you over-complicate situations and problems, and end up tying yourself up in mental knots - ugh! Hands up – I often start down that path, but books like this one give great ideas on how to do a mindful U-turn! You’ll learn how to expand your mind and understand your true potential through the power of thinking simply, while stripping back the jargon and digging to the core of any obstacle in your way. Buy this book! Click on the link below: Simple Thinking: How to Remove Complexity from Life and Work – Richard Gerver:
Want more inspiration? Take a peek at this: Simplify Your Life and Gain Freedom (ruthybaker.com)
Take a look at this vlog from my YouTube channel. Please give it a thumbs up, share and subscribe to be kept up-to-date with my latest vlogs and videos – thanks! Click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFvHIJJylk
Did you like this blog? Please share it with your friends!
To be updated with my latest blogs, books and courses – please fill in the contact form - Click on the Menu and then click Contact - I’ll be thrilled to hear from you!
© Ruthy Baker 2020